Thursday, February 18, 2010

rude awakening

i woke to the music of my well pump. running and running. i checked all water in the house, nothing. with a sinking heart i went to the paper mill. sure enough, a broken pipe. after getting my bathrobe soaked, i found valves and turned them off. returned to the house and listened to the quiet. then the music began again. out again. more layers this time, turned off every valve possible, located the break and the ice that caused the break, but had frozen up, masking the problem until this prolonged moderate spell. 

7 comments:

  1. NO!!!!!! agh. but at least you were home to catch it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this reminds me of a very ugly old story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was just one of those "oh no" things. i may have said a few other things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it isn't too much trouble to fix - what a morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had that happen to me, when I lived in Zephyrhills... we had a pipe break too... but not from ice! Although it's not unheard of here in Florida... especially this winter. I hope it didn't burn your pump up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fortunately this can wait to be fixed, i won't have any papermaking time for a while, anyway. but oh, geeze!

    ReplyDelete

be in touch!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *